Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas.. come and gone.

The best part of Christmas this year was at 5:20 AM on Christmas Morning. Madey and I had had MANY negotiations on what time she was allowed to get up this year. We began discussions on this back in November. Nobody (or I mean Cory and I) wanted repeats of years past, when she stayed up ALL night. One year, the same year Conner was just a baby, she came into our room every hour all night. Last year she at least stayed in her room. This year I said she was allowed to wake us up at 6:00AM, of course she came back with 5:50, 5:51, 5:52, I finally gave in at 5:59. So on Christmas morning I woke up at 5:15 and lay there for a minute and realized I could hear little voices and squeaking doors. I walked into Madey's room and saw this....



Notice the Christmas lights, Madey has had those up in her room since the first of November. She really is Miss Christmas, she LOVES everything about it and makes it fun for all of us.
Every year I am amazed at how much more fun it is to be a parent at Christmas!! I love watching them.
They tore into their presents of course and and they were all opened by 5:30.

8 comments:

  1. Wow-she is so excited-it's great-mine have been lucky enough to let us sleep in until 7 the past 2 years-thanks goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blogger!!!!!!

    I found you, sorry you have to put up with now!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! I remember that excitement with my brothers waiting for Christmas morning, luckily my Dad was always up by 5a.m. or so. I love that Maddie loves it so much. I still laugh when I think about her lists.:)
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally stayed up all night when I was a kid. That was half the fun. Looks like a great Christmas! I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pic of Emmett is sooo cute. He sure does get excited!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute!! i love that about little kids, they just get so excited that you yourself can't help getting excited either!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite things about being a mom is getting to relive all those exciting moments we experienced when we were little! Madey is adorable! I love the lights in her bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the same negotiations at our house! Christmas is so much fun with kids, that is for sure. Cute blog! Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete