Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yes I finished it.  And not nearly as fast as I thought I would because frankly I didn't love it!  I found myself trying to plug through to get to the good stuff.  But without saying too much, I am still waiting for the good stuff. I hate to say this but maybe the movie will help me out with that.... But I don't usually like my books made into movies so I might just have to learn to like the ending to THIS story.

So I am dying to know what others have to say about the book.  Have you read it??  Did you like it. 
I need to know.

I really should start that book club I've been wanting to do so I can get these things off my chest.

4 comments:

  1. I will be the first to comment. I liked the book. I thought that Katniss would choose Peeta because he was the one that brought her peace. I really didn't think that it would have a happy ending considering all the trama and loss Katniss had gone through. I know some people that I have talked to get frustrated with Katniss' personality or lack of maturity- in her defense she is a teenager and she suffered a great loss at a young age with her father's death. I personally thought the author got it right. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to start reading this series! They look like the kind of books I would totally love and everyone I know who has read the series, LOVES it! With that said, I have heard that Mockingjay is not as good as the first two from someone else too! I will have to read them and get back with you! From reading your previous post, I totally agree that a book club needs to be started in the neighborhood. I love discussing books that I read as well. I usually make my husband read the books I read so I can talk to someone about them. I'm sure he would love it if I joined a book club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read it, so I am glad you didn't give it away! I was actually thinking about the book club today. Let's just do it. We just need to set a date, and get together to decide what we are going to be reading, and then go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was going to re-read the first two, but i think i'll just jump right in and read the third one... especially because i've heard it isn't the greatest!!

    about the book club, i agree with jessie, lets just do it!! i'll volunteer my house for the first one if we want. lets talk about it tomorrow night jessie will be here too, so we can figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete